General | Recent Awards | Monographs | Speaking Engagements
Holiday Message from Mary Ann:
Happy New Year to Each of You!!!
Thank you for all your love, support, good wishes, smiles, laughter, joy, comradery and caring. I appreciate each of you so very much!
I wish each of you a year filled with all good things that you enjoy and the good health to dive right in to enjoy all it can be.
Bob and I have had a busy year…we looked at each other last month and said “where did it go so fast”.
I’ve been busy enjoying the students in all the new art classes I’ve been teaching. We share so many different things in class it is really stimulating and interesting. And it is especially rewarding to see their growth and to see them all do so well with their projects. I feel really blessed by them.
I’ve been really diligent about trying to keep up with the yard. With the help from a friend I found two gardeners that are worth their weight in gold. They always smile and are so helpful! Just last week in 70 degree weather they moved a tree and 11 shrubs to different locations in the yard. It was a huge day’s work and something I have long been wishing for!
We’ve been working on upgrading the booth display for the shows and now have a gorgeous set up. This year we will be able to do more shows and hope to be able to visit with you. My severely dislocated right elbow seems to be almost well….I am back to painting, and finally lifting, and carrying now. It is amazing what you cannot do with one arm. The new show schedule is attached and there may be a few changes later on in the year. You might check out the website as time goes on for changes.
We were able to see my friend in Richmond twice this year. She is known as the “Moss Lady” nationally as her garden is all perfectly carpeted by mother-nature in moss. The moss snuggles up to each shrub and tree. It is glorious to see its beauty and how it all fits together. You can probably google it to see something of her garden. We also had a friend I have known for close to 40 years visit with us at our home for a week this summer. For me, friends are so special!
We lost our two cats a month apart from fox or coyote dinner and were so saddened that 3 weeks later we decided not to put up with the heartache any longer and went to the humane shelter and came home with 3…Ripley (believe it or not we got a GREAT cat from the pound with an apricot orange belly that he loves to have rubbed), Serafina (She has raccoon rings on her tail and ticked fur overall. I found that she answers to Fifi), and Tewee Teaser (a great all around good cat and we have to chase this too fast cat when it time to come in…and rarely catch her…then she turns and comes in when the game is over). And, now there is a 4th cat who came to us last week, Simon, who belongs to my nephew…a large pretty male, gray with white paws, and who thinks he should always be in the bedroom).
Bob is playing recreational tennis on two teams, exercising, working in realstate and loving life each day. We have the blessing of seeing his children and family off and on thru the year.
We hope that we will get to see each of you on our travels this year. We send you love and wish for many blessings to come your way.
Mary Ann and Bob
Mary Ann Weds!
Mary Ann is now being represented at the Swan Coach House Gallery, Atlanta, GA and Gibbs Gardens “Seasons Gift Shop”, Ball Ground, GA
- Fayetteville Fine Art Show – First Place award, Fayetteville, GA 2013 and 2014
- Gulf Breeze Celebrates the Arts – Best in Show “Award of Excellence” Gulf Breeze FL 2015
- Philadelphia Flower Show Award – Botanical Art Award Large Booth 2000, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- The Art Affair, Richmond Virginia, The “Bon Air Artists Award of Best in Show” 2012
- Roswell Art Festival – Second place award, Roswell, GA 2012
- The Roswell Colors Festival - First Place Award 2010
The Fayetteville Art Show - First Place Award 2010
- Southern Wildlife Festival – First Place, Huntsville, AL 2005
Roswell Patch - feature article on Mary's recent recognition by National Hydrangea Society (Click here to read more) 2011
Roswell Neighbor Newspaper- color feature article, May 2007.
Decatur Daily Newspaper - feature
article, p. A12, 2005.
InformArt Magazine - "Mary Booth
Cabot Finds Her Joy Through Art", p.
24, Winter, 2005.
InformArt Magazine - "The Power
of Color and Light", p. 50-52, Spring,
Excerpt of story by: J.Rose Steward
"If plants require full-spectrum light to thrive, doesn't it make sense that human beings are in need of it as well? The idea resonates with a lovely brand of logic that I heard when I listened to Atlanta painter Mary Booth Cabot describe her theory that beauty and color posses restorative powers."
(Click here to read full story)
Cincinnati Post Newspaper - Feature
on Northern Flicker, Living Section,
US Art - Gallery of Women Artists,
Volume 6, #4, p.65, April, 2000
Alpharetta Roswell Review & News
- Front-page color article, May, 2000.
US Art - Gallery of Women Artists,
Volume 6, #7, p.6, July, 2000
Lenox China - Catalog, holiday ,
p. 20, 2000.
Roswell Neighbor Newspaper - Front-page
color feature article, May, 1999.
Georgia of Women in the Visual Arts
- named as one of the "Women who
have made a significant contribution to the visual
arts in Georgia", Honoree, 1997.
Across Atlanta - Jane Schneider & Marge
McDonald, Peachtree Publishers,
Ltd., P. 144, 1992.
Artists of the South - Vol. 1, Mountain
Productions Inc., Albuquerque, NM,
Artists' Artsembles - Fine Art Reproductions
by American Artists, Color Q,
Inc., P. 145, 1989 and P. 65, 1990.
Artists of Georgia - Vol. 1, Mountain
Productions Inc., Albuquerque, NM,
Female Artists in the United States 1900-1985
- Research and Resource Guide,
Rutgers Press, 1986.
American Artists: an illustrated survey of
leading contemporary Americans.
- Les Krantz, P.45, 52, 55,1985.
Southern Homes Magazine - p.98-99,
Inside Cobb Magazine - Spring, P.6-9,
Southern Homes Magazine - Spring,
Georgia Journal - December/January,
Vol. 5 #1 P.32, 1984.
Speaking Engagements -
- One of 6 panelists for Women’s History Commemoration celebrating the legacy of innovation and leadership among women who work/and or live in Cobb County Georgia. To be held March 5, 2016 at the Joe Mack Wilson Student Center on the Marietta Campus of Kennesaw State University from 9:30-12:00noon. This year’s theme focuses on women making an impact in the arts. The annual program is presented by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Cobb Woman’s Club, the Kennesaw State University Alumni Association’s Women’s Council, and the League of Women Voters.
- Georgia District Garden Club, Atlanta Area February 2015
- Country Hills Garden Club, Atlanta Area, GA; December 2013
- Martin’s Landing Garden Club, Roswell, GA; Sept 2013
- Sierra Club @ Wren Hill Gallery,
- Wings and Wildlife Invitational - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, November, 2000.
- Huntcliffe Garden Club - Wren Hill Gallery - Roswell, Georgia,